Water for tissue culture

Helge Steen mbxhhs at mbn1.biochem.nott.ac.uk
Tue Oct 1 09:03:50 EST 1996

Hi!

We have some problems with transfection efficiencies of cultured cells
since we moved our lab form Germany to England and it turned out (thanks
to everybody who answered my last posting!!!) that the water quality
could be a reason.
In Germany, we used AMPUWA, a very clean, pyrogen-free, bottled water
from Fresenius that is normally used for medical applictions. Does
anybody know whether there is a retailer for Ampuwa in England, or
whether there is an alternative source for large (x * 10 l) amounts of
comparable clean water in England?

Thanks a lot,

Helge