R: western membrane-blocking solutions

Toumy Guettouche tguettou at newssun
Tue Oct 1 14:39:35 EST 1996

On 1 Oct 1996, Jodie Green wrote:

> 	Does anybody know the composition of the Pierce Superblock?
> This product looks excellent in the instruction manual for the Pierce
> Supersignal detection kit, but in Australia the price is excorbitant.  Might
> it be a mixture, or perhaps PVP-40?

Hi Jodie,

I tried to squeeze this information out of the technical service of
Pierce, but as usual, no information is available. However, the guy told
me it is some kind of modified protein, so probably not  PVP-40.
In any case, I use 5% nonfat dry milk or BSA, and I will try their
solution soon, to see if it is really better. Just email me if you want
the result.

Bye

Toumy