HELP: RNA/DNA seperation

brett brett at BORCIM.WUSTL.EDU
Wed Oct 2 11:40:42 EST 1996

>If he is going to use the riboprobe for in situ hybridization, he just goes ahe
>ad to do. There is no need to remove DNA template.

Agreed. But for future reference, I like to digest with RQ1 DNAse for 15',
phenol extract and ppt. For even cleaner RNAs, I ppt. again with LiCl, although
a guy in my lab swears by 2 rounds of [RQ1 digestion and gel purification],
which gives him squeaky clean RNA, free of amplifiable template by PCR. This
is necessary for useful competitor RNAs for RT-PCR.

Brett Lindenbach

Program in Immunology
Washington University - St Louis
brett at borcim.wustl.edu