HELP NEEDED: How you pronounce pUC?

Clinton MacDonald cbbccm2 at tthsc6.lubb.ttuhsc.edu
Wed Oct 2 19:30:23 EST 1996

In article <52ujrj$sl6 at netnews.upenn.edu>, hrees at mail1.sas.upenn.edu
(Harold Rees) wrote:
>johanna preiszner (jprei001 at POSTBOX.ACS.OHIO-STATE.EDU) wrote:
>> that everyone she knows pronounce it as "puc" [pak]. I am not sure it is the
>> right way. I have never ever heard other way than [pi-ju-si'].[...]
>> Make your vote!!
>I think you can pronounce it any way you want to, but, like your
>colleague, I have heard most people say "puck".

To throw another log on the fire, ever since hearing it pronounced "puke,"
I can no longer bear to call it anything else. ;-)

   Clint

\ Dr. Clinton C. MacDonald   \ cbbccm2 at tthsc6.lubb.ttuhsc.edu
 \ Cell Biology & Biochemistry\ 806/743-2703
  \ Texas Tech University      \ 806/743-2990 (FAX)
   \ Lubbock, TX 79430          \
    \ http://www.grad.ttuhsc.edu/Grad/macdonald/