HELP NEEDED: How you pronounce pUC?

Hernan Espinoza espinoza at cgl.ucsf.edu
Wed Oct 2 20:40:25 EST 1996

jprei001 at POSTBOX.ACS.OHIO-STATE.EDU (johanna preiszner) writes:

:The question may be crazy for everyone. I have a colleague, who insists,
:that everyone she knows pronounce it as "puc" [pak]. I am not sure it is the
:right way. I have never ever heard other way than [pi-ju-si']. Both of us is
:in cloning for years, and coming from different places. Please help us,
:because we are fighting, and getting tired of this. Make your vote!!
:Thanks, Hanna

	I've heard it pronounced both ways, but I use puck myself.
Technically, I imagine that your pronunciation is the correct one
since it is an acronym after all, but..... -Hernan