plasmid drawing software

Dr. Duncan Clark duncan at genesys.demon.co.uk
Wed Oct 2 03:18:27 EST 1996

In article <52r3n7$m2k at info.service.rug.nl>, Guido Hooiveld
<g.j.e.j.hooiveld at farm.rug.nl> writes
>Hello,
>
>Does anybody know where to get nice plasmid drawing software on the net,
>preferably for Windows 3.1 and free/shareware?

This was posted on bionet.software last week. Works OK in my hands
ruuning on Win95. One little hiccup is that when printing on a laser I
get a very very slighty speckled background. The authors know about this
and are looking for a solution, however if one copies the plasmid map
and pastes it into any other program ie Word it prints fine.

Introduction

Plasmid Processor is a simple tool for plasmid presentation for
scientific and
educational purposes. It features both circular and linear DNA, user
defined restriction sites, genes and multiple cloning site. In addition
you
can manipulate plasmid by inserting and deleting fragments. Created
drawings
can be copied to clipboard or saved to disk for later use. Printing from
withing program is also supported.

Plasmid Processor is freeware, so you can use and distribute it freely.

You can download full executable version of Plasmid Processor 1.02 for
Windows
(tm) at URL

http://www.uku.fi/~kiviraum/plasmid/plasmid.html

( plasp102.zip (239k). )

Authors

Plasmid Processor program was created during a programming project
course
organized by the Department of Computer Sciences and Applied
Mathematics,
University of Kuopio, Finland 1995-1996. The program was made for the
Department of Biochemistry and Biotechnology, University of Kuopio,
which owns the copyrights of the program.

Programming team: T. Kivirauma, P. Oikari and J.Saarela.

For further information please contact the authors by e-mail,
plasmid at uku.fi.
Any comment on program is greatly appreciated.

--
Janne Saarela
BIOTECHNOLOGY, BSc, PhD student
Email:   saarela at messi.uku.fi