Luciferase half-life?

martin LEACH leach at bu.edu
Wed Oct 2 15:19:26 EST 1996

Hi john

I believe the half life of luciferase is around 4.5 hours....(protein)
I believe this was determined in NIH fibroblasts...not sure though

Martin

jstrassw at OPAL.TUFTS.EDU wrote:
: Hello!
: I would like to use a fos-luciferase reporter in HeLa cells.  I will
: co-transfect a plasmid to express what I hope is an inhibitor of
: signalling and will be reflectedin a decrease in luciferase activity.

: The question: what is the half-life of luciferase in hela cells?  When I
: starve then stimulate the cells with serum, then azzay, I will have
: serium-induced luciferase as well as background luciferase.

: Any ideas?
: Thanks,
: John

: ------------------------------------------------------------------------
: John Strasswimmer, MD,PhD Candidate    | Phone (617) 636 8396
: Tufts - New England Medical Center     | Fax   (617) 636 6190
: Box 166                                | Email:  jstrassw at opal.tufts.edu
: Boston, MA 02111 USA                   |
:      HTTP://WWW.healthsci.tufts.edu/microbiology/strass/JSpage.HTML
:      *** Co-Author of "HyperBug" Microbiology Teaching Software ***
: Remember, Your employer is eavesdropping...

.....          Martin Leach                Email:leach at bu.edu
 _/  |-/__==/  80 E. Concord St. (L603)
                                             head.....WIBBLE"

My homepage: http://155.41.115.114/Leach.html