URGENTLY NEEDED, DH10B E.COLI

John Dixon jpcd0 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk
Thu Oct 3 05:14:26 EST 1996

In article <52vjab$j57 at seagoon.newcastle.edu.au>, Rick Thorne
<birft at cc.newcastle.edu.au> wrote:

> Hello outthere,
>
> as part of a University research program we have been using the DH10 B
> strain of E.coli which expresses cre recombinase supplied with a lambda
> zip lock system.  Unfortunately our strain died out and the soonest we
> can obtain a new strain is 1-2 weeks as it needs to be shipped from the
> states.  We urgently need it within the week so if anybody out there has
> access to or knows where we can get access to this strain within the
> next 24-48hrs it would be greatly appreciated if you could contact us.
>
> Thanking you in anticipation,
>
> Michael Gear.  Univerity of Newcastle.
>
> Ph: (049) 236 139.

Hi Michael, I think you may have your strains confused. DH10B is available
from GibcoBRL and has nothing to do with cre. Don't you mean BNN132? We
have that strain around which we use to flox out plasmids from lambdas.
Let me know if we can help - I think Novagene sell the same bugs.

Cheers

John

--
John Dixon                                        Lab 44 (1223) 334131
Wellcome/CRC Institute                            Fax 44 (1223) 334134
United Kingdom                           e-m: jpcd0 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk