HELP NEEDED: How you pronounce pUC?

Richard P. Grant rpgrant at molbiol.ox.ac.uk
Thu Oct 3 11:16:53 EST 1996

In article <199610021804.OAA19967 at photon.magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu>, jprei001 at POSTBOX.ACS.OHIO-STATE.EDU (johanna preiszner) writes:
> The question may be crazy for everyone. I have a colleague, who insists,
> that everyone she knows pronounce it as "puc" [pak]. I am not sure it is the
> right way. I have never ever heard other way than [pi-ju-si']. Both of us is
> in cloning for years, and coming from different places. Please help us,
> because we are fighting, and getting tired of this. Make your vote!!
> Thanks, Hanna

Sorry, Hannah, it's 'Bluescript' :-))

Seriously, 'puc' rhymes with 'muck', IMHO.

OTOH, FAQ is 'eff-aye-queue' and URL is 'You-are-ell' but 'WWW' is
'wuh-wuh-wuh'.

hth.

Richard

Richard P. Grant MA DPhil      rpgrant at molbiol.ox.ac.uk
Nuffield Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Oxford.
http://users.ox.ac.uk/~lady0266
No wonder I can't go to parties anymore.