DNA from slide?

Peter J Charlton pjc at waikato.ac.nz
Thu Oct 3 21:34:08 EST 1996

I need to get some tumour cell DNA from slide mounted tissue sections.  I
have zylene/alcohol/water treated the tissues and now wish to treat the
tissue sections with proteinase K.  To achieve this I will use a silicon
pen to isolate an area of tissue which i can then irrigate with buffer to
provide for successful proteinase K treatment...

  My question : Assuming TBE the best buffer for the job what is, briefly,
a good method to treat the cells while still in slide based tissue
section??

Please email : gmj at waikato.ac.nz

Greg Jacobson
2nd yr MSc