PCR robocycler

Ji-quan Liu ryu at pu-toyama.ac.jp
Thu Oct 3 18:50:44 EST 1996

Hi, Pognonec: we recently bought a Robocycler Gradient PCR machine from
Stratagene. First of all, it works, but you should ask "Stratagene" about
the following points. 1. the mechine does not work for an annealing
temperature below 43C when the room temperature is around 28-30C or higher.
This means you have to set the mechine in an air-condition room. 2. the
evaporation is more than serious, For 100 ul reaction solution, 3-5 drops
of M-oil should be added. one drop of oil does not work at all when you
follow the instruction from Stratagene.

Hope this helps.

Ji-quan Liu

Biotechnology Research Centre
Toyama Prefectural University
Toyama, Japan

Tel:0766-56-7500 ext 563, 564         Tel/Fax: 0766-56-7714 (home)
Fax:0766-56-2498
e-mail:ryu at pu-toyama.ac.jp

****