IL-1 responsive cell lines

Paul Brennan brennan at icrf.icnet.uk
Thu Oct 3 11:02:35 EST 1996

  In article <513ve2$4s7 at lastactionhero.rs.itd.umich.edu>, Annette Healy
<amhealy at umich.edu> wrote:

> I am looking for cell lines (other than HepG2 and Hep3B) that respond to
> IL-1 and transfect well.  Any suggestions?  References would be helpful.
> Please post answers to the group.  Thanks.

Other IL1 responsive lines:
   EL4.NOB-1 - murine T-cell line (transfects very well)
   KB - epithelial..  I don't know about it's ability to transfect but I
suspect it should be OK
   Hela cells also respond to IL1 and should be transfectable.

   I have used all the above cell lines for NFkappaB assays in response to IL1.
Check out Brennan et al 1995 Biochim Biophys Acta Vol 1260 167-175 for
culture conditions etc..
   Any further questions e-mail me
Paul Brennan