dreamer at super.zippo.com wrote:
>"Don Walthers" <walt9693 at uidaho.edu> wrote:
>>>the antibiotic timentin (sp?) can be used as an amp replacement to take
>>of satallites found with long incubations. i don't know of a commercial
>>>Tori D. Williams <twilliam at BIOMED.MED.YALE.EDU> wrote in article
>><Pine.PMDF.3.91.960930152428.115586C-100000 at BIOMED.MED.YALE.EDU>...
>>> I use 100 ug/ml and get stallites. Someone suggested 150 ug/ml. I tried
>>> it and I still got colonies don't remember if I got satallites or not but
>>>> use 100 out of habit.
>>>>>> I think I only get satallites when the plates are in the incubator longer
>>>> than 16 hours.
>>>>>We use carbenicillin 200 ug/ml for pBR and pUC plasmids and don't get
>any satellites even after 24h of incubation. You can buy it from
>>Yep, we use carbenicillin, but only at 50 ug/ml. However, it is more
expensive than ampicillin.