Best oligo purification?

Eric Lader lader at
Thu Oct 3 21:40:26 EST 1996

In article <530v0d$tns at> David N. Levy, levy at
>>What is the limit of in situ DNA hybridization sensitivity?  Can one
>detect a single copy gene, and of what length minimum?  I assume a
>riboprobe labeled throughout with 32-P or digoxygenin dUTP would be
>most sensitive - correct?

Of course you can detect a single copy gene. Thats how many oncogenes
were mapped to specific sites on human chromosomes in the old days. In
fact, we used 3H (tritiated) probes, liquild emulsion, and long
exposures. It only worked in conjunction with good chromosome banding

               **my opinions are just that**
        Eric Lader Ph.D.	Senior R&D Scientist,
                          Ambion Inc.
Unique tools for Molecular Biology Research

Phone (800) 888-8804       Fax (512) 445-7139
				  (512) 445-6979       lader at