How much ampicillin?

martin LEACH leach at
Fri Oct 4 10:07:13 EST 1996

I like 100.....cuts down on some satellites i used to get....50 works fine
though...others prefer this in the lab

Bill Burnett (bbur at wrote:

: Promega recommend a final concentration of ampicillin in
: LB/ampicillin/IPTG/X-gal plates (for E. coli JM 109 transformed with
: T-vector) of 100 ug/ml...   Can I get away with only 50 ug/ml as
: suggested by a lab manual or is this a false economy?

: Anyone got a sure fire cheap plate recipe?

: Thanks!!

: B.

: Bill Burnett: bbur at
: Scottish Association for Marine Science
: P.O. Box 3, Oban, Argyll, PA34 4AD.

.....          Martin Leach                Email:leach at
 _/  |-/__==/  80 E. Concord St. (L603)

My homepage:
Webmaster of the Biotech Rumor mill: