HELP NEEDED: How you pronounce pUC?

MELANSOND melansond at am.abru.cg.com
Fri Oct 4 09:08:05 EST 1996

>The question may be crazy for everyone. I have a colleague, who insists, that
>everyone she knows pronounce it as "puc" [pak]. I am not sure it is the right
>way. I have never ever heard other way than [pi-ju-si']. Both of us is in
>cloning for years, and coming from different places. Please help us, because
we >are fighting, and getting tired of this. Make your vote!! Thanks, Hanna >
>[PUK]

We are agonizing over this one...how do you pronounce CIAP? Is it "sip", or
"kip", or "see-eye-aye-pee", or just "phosphatase", or "alk-phos"? Please reply
immediately, before we tear our hair out.

 Brett Lindenbach
     Program in Immunology                               Washington University
- St Louis                   brett at borcim.wustl.edu

aye Pee ASe