Biotin/streptavidin hybrid-DNA purification

gary vanzin gfv94001 at uconnvm.uconn.edu
Fri Oct 4 20:26:03 EST 1996

I'm looking for a reference/protocol to purify hybrid DNA using a
biotin/streptavidin system.  I'm screening 6900 arabidopsis plants,
each containing 1-4 insertional mutations (T-DNA).  I would like to
enrich my DNA preps for the T-DNA, so I can combine 100,500, or maybe
even all 6900 DNA preps during the subsequent PCR screen.  I believe I
can do this using biotinylated T-DNA as a probe, then doing
hybrid-select, and purification over a streptavidin column.  Any Ideas?
 Anybody know how well streptavidin coated dynalbeads work?

Gary
gfv94001 at uconnvm.uconn.edu