Nested Deletions Kits for Sequencing

J. Pat Martinez martinez at puccini.CRL.umn.edu
Sat Oct 5 09:12:27 EST 1996

I need to sequence a 10 kb fragment and will use a strategy based on a
series of nested deletions.  I'm aware of two different strategies for
generating nested deletions.  One strategy  uses Exonuclease III and
Mungbean nuclease, and the other uses transposon mediated deletions
(Deletion factory by BRL).  I was leaning toward the Exonuclease/Mungbean
nuclease based kits.   Any suggestions on which manufacture to go with,
such as Promega's Erase a Base kit or Stratagene's deletion kit.  Thanks
for your suggestions.

Pat M.