Luciferase half-life?

jstrassw at OPAL.TUFTS.EDU jstrassw at OPAL.TUFTS.EDU
Mon Oct 7 16:17:37 EST 1996

Hello all luciferase lovers!
I will be happy to share my experience as well, once I have something to
tell.  For now, I use RSV-Luc reporter with cloned factor sites
upstream.  Co- expression of my activator results in luc levels of 20
fold higher.  addition of a putative dominant-negative inhhibitor of the
activator kills this activation, so I think Its a pretty good system.

My half-life question is specific for cell-cycle induction of fos-Luc
construct.  That is trickier.  If the half-live is really about 4.5
hours, then I may stimulate cells for 6 hours to get over the
"background" a bit.

Thqanks,

John