URGENTLY NEEDED, DH10B E.COLI

Jennifer Lyon jennyann at ix.netcom.com
Mon Oct 7 15:11:12 EST 1996

In <jpcd0-0310961116340001 at macr1-3.welc.cam.ac.uk>
jpcd0 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk (John Dixon) writes:

>Hi Michael, I think you may have your strains confused. DH10B is
>available from GibcoBRL and has nothing to do with cre. Don't you mean
>BNN132? We have that strain around which we use to flox out plasmids
>from lambdas. Let me know if we can help - I think Novagene sell the
>same bugs.

Novagen sells a strain called BM25.8 which expresses Cre recombinase
and can be used to pop out plasmids from lambda vectors via Cre-loxP
recombination. I don't know about DH10B.
-Jenny

(I am with Novagen).
JennyAnn at ix.netcom.com                  Jenni10647 at AOL.com
             http://members.aol.com/jenni10647/jgedrick.htm
"Sometimes the need to mess with their heads outweighs the
millstone of humiliation."    Fox Mulder    "The X-Files"