DIG labelling and detection

Harold Rees hrees at mail2.sas.upenn.edu
Mon Oct 7 14:19:32 EST 1996

Are you using colorimetric detection or chemiluminescence?  The
chemiluminescent detection is much more sensitive than colorimetric.  The
latter technique is actually not recommended for single-copy genes
because of its lack of sensitivity.  We have been using CSPD from
Boehringer for our reactions, and it works well.  For maximum
sensitivity, however, radioactive is still the best way to go.

--
Monell Chemical Senses Center           *"Oh well, whatever, nevermind"*