TCA precipitation

zoltan at bcmp.med.harvard.edu zoltan at bcmp.med.harvard.edu
Tue Oct 8 08:06:02 EST 1996

I'm precipitating some protein mixtures with TCA in order to concentrate
them for SDS-PAGE separation.  Since I will be cutting bands out of the
gel for LC/MS and MS/MS analysis, I would like to avoid chemical
modification of the proteins and therefore have been advised to avoid
acetone washing of the TCA pellets.  Does anyone know if, say, cold 100%
ethanol can substitute to remove the excess TCA?
Speedy replies would be appreciated.
				Thanks,
						Eric

						zoltan at bcmp.med.harvard.edu