RNA isolation from brain tissue...help!

Harold Rees hrees at mail1.sas.upenn.edu
Tue Oct 8 15:36:46 EST 1996

Chris Woodcock (Chris_Woodcock at sandwich.pfizer.com) wrote:
: I am going to be isolating RNA from very small amounts of brain tissue.
: Does anyone out there have any methods for use with very small

We have been using the FastGreen kit from Bio 101, which uses a maximum
of 250mg per prep, with a yield sometimes as high as 100ug of total RNA.
The only drawback to this method is that you have to buy their processing
machine to homogenize your sample, and it is expensive.  However, if you
plan to do a lot of preps, or if others at Pfizer want to do some, it may
be worth the investment, since the yields are excellent and the process
doesn't take very long (about 1 hour).

--
Monell Chemical Senses Center           *"Oh well, whatever, nevermind"*