URGENTLY NEEDED, DH10B E.COLI

Chi-kuang Wen ckwen at expert.cc.purdue.edu
Tue Oct 8 12:19:13 EST 1996

Jennifer Lyon (jennyann at ix.netcom.com) wrote:
: In <jpcd0-0310961116340001 at macr1-3.welc.cam.ac.uk>
: jpcd0 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk (John Dixon) writes:

: >Hi Michael, I think you may have your strains confused. DH10B is
: >available from GibcoBRL and has nothing to do with cre. Don't you mean
: >BNN132? We have that strain around which we use to flox out plasmids
: >from lambdas. Let me know if we can help - I think Novagene sell the
: >same bugs.

: Novagen sells a strain called BM25.8 which expresses Cre recombinase
: and can be used to pop out plasmids from lambda vectors via Cre-loxP
: recombination. I don't know about DH10B.
: -Jenny

: (I am with Novagen).
: --
: JennyAnn at ix.netcom.com                  Jenni10647 at AOL.com
:              http://members.aol.com/jenni10647/jgedrick.htm
: "Sometimes the need to mess with their heads outweighs the
: millstone of humiliation."    Fox Mulder    "The X-Files

H10B(ZL) expresses the Cre protein to cleave the lox site on lambda ZipLox
vector to generate the pZL (a plasmid).

Chi-Kuang
"