T7 Phage expression system

Francois Coulier coulier at infobiogen.fr
Thu Oct 10 01:36:19 EST 1996

> In article <genecutl-0810962054520001 at kosh-161b-2.berkeley.edu>,
> genecutl at mendel.berkeley.edu (gc) wrote:
>
> > I have a protein that I want to express which is toxic to E.coli.  I
> > would like to get my hands on an E. coli system in which cells
> > are infected with a T7 polymerase-containing phage rather than adding
> > IPTG to express an endogenous T7 polymerase.  If anyone knows where I
> > can find a system like this I would be most grateful.

Try Novagen's pET system. You can induce with IPTG in bacteria designed
for very low basal (non-induced) level, or you can provide T7-RNA pol by
infecting with CE6 phage.
I don't have Novagen's address in the US, but you contact R&D Systems in
europe (info at rndsystems.co.uk), as they sell Novagen's product here, They
should be able to direct you to Novagen in US (it's somewhere in
Wisconsin, I think).
Good luck!

Francois Coulier
INSERM Unite 119
27 bd Lei Roure
13009 Marseille
France

tel (33) 91 75 84 11 (October 18, 1996=> 33 (0) 4 91 75 84 11)
fax (33) 91 26 03 64 (October 18, 1996=> 33 (0) 4 91 26 03 64)
email: coulier at infobiogen.fr