Mouse embryo polyA content?

Eric Lader lader at
Wed Oct 9 20:13:54 EST 1996

In article <53eedo$i7c at> Steven Sullivan,
sullivan at writes:
>anyone have a reliable figure for the percetage of total RNA (or actual
>mass per embryo) that mouse maternal mRNA comprises?  Bachvarova et al
>1985 say something liek 10% which I find hard to believe.

Rosemary Bachvarova did *alot* of work on this. From what I learned from
my postdoc on gene regulation during mouse oogenesis, I think she is

you can e-mail her at Cornell Med. Alternatively, chat with Sid
Strickland at SUNY Stony Brook or John Eppig at the Jackson Labs.

               **my opinions are just that**
        Eric Lader Ph.D.	Senior R&D Scientist,
                          Ambion Inc.
Unique tools for Molecular Biology Research

Phone (800) 888-8804       Fax (512) 445-7139
				  (512) 445-6979       lader at