pZErO from Clontech

Richard Daines rdaines at q.continuum.net
Wed Oct 9 19:02:57 EST 1996

If you are talking about the pZerO from Invitrogen, then yes, I have used
it and it does work.  Please follow their protocol.  Any "nibbling" done by
restriction enzymes on the vector will lead to background as well as long
term storage of isolated linear vector will also lead to higher background.
 When done "by the book", background is really zero (well, of course, that
depends on how many colonies you feel like screening...).
--
Richard J. Daines
Mystic, CT

rdaines at q.continuum.net

Gerald Downes <gerry at MORPHEUS.WUSTL.EDU> wrote in article
<Pine.LNX.3.91.961009171722.8186A-100000 at morpheus.wustl.edu>...