Help: How do I get rid of EDTA and T4kinase from my oligos

Dr. Randal W. Giroux randyg at puccini.crl.umn.edu
Wed Oct 9 10:43:00 EST 1996

We are adding some linkers to our vector to change the restriction site
and we have to phosphorylate one of the two oligos (16mer) before we
ligate them to the vector.

 BUT once we finish the reaction with EDTA we need to use these oligos in
the next ligation reaction. The t4 kinase enzyme and EDTA are still around
and the EDTA will inhibit ligation and the T4 kinase will still be active.
How can I purify the oligos away from the phosphorylation reaction
components. Are there kits or quick protocols to do this. I'm stumped

Randy