dna preps for sequencing

Colin Rasmussen colin at fungus.biochem.ualberta.ca
Tue Oct 8 23:43:58 EST 1996

In article <genecutl-0810961445020001 at kosh-161b-3.berkeley.edu>,
genecutl at mendel.berkeley.edu (gc) wrote:

> I'm looking for a sure-fire fool-proof absolutely guaranteed DNA
> prep protocol that gives nice clean sequence with the sequenase kit.
> Thanks.

Mini-preps using the Promega Wizard kits works really well.  I have also
had extremely good luck with the standard old-fashioned alkaline lysis,
phenol/chloroform extraction too.  I use 20ul of sample (out of 50ul
total) and do an NaOH denaturation.  The sequence is always very good.

Colin Rasmussen
Molecular Mechanisms in Growth Control Group
University of Alberta