Pascal Mertens Pascal.Mertens at
Thu Oct 10 10:51:04 EST 1996

In article (Dans l'article) <53e931$rn at>,
smccull at (The Kindly One) wrote (écrivait) :

> Can someone suggest a sonication treatment necessary to lyse E. coli
> that's overexpressing a protein? It would be for 20-50 mL of
> solution containing cells from 1-2 L of culture.

I always do my sonication on 3-5 ml (in Corex 15 tubes) (corresponding to
400ml culture).
Sonicate 8 x 15 sec with 30 sec on ice between. Lysis was estimated to 90
percent (estimated on the amount of released overexpressed protein).

Hope this helps.

Pascal Mertens
Laboratoire d'Immunologie et Microbiologie
61 Rue de Bruxelles
5000 Namur, BELGIUM
Phone: 32 81 724438
Fax: 32 81 724420