5 tube balancing argument

Lou Cantolupo CANTOLUPO at GENVEC.COM
Thu Oct 10 06:51:24 EST 1996

Well, as we all can see some of us here agree with a 5 tube balance and
some do not.  AND, as things would have it, the guys here at my shop are
equally split.  I myself have balanced tubes this way and felt very
nervous about it.  But the proof to the pudding is that we've got a fuge
here (Hereaus Biofuge 22R) that is ULTRA sensitive to imbalance
problems.  Many times when the refrigeration unit turns on mid run will
this go off balance, and is very irritating.  But not with 5 tubes in a
24 slot rotor, with three being triangualry opposed and two opposite.
My conclusion:

It's balanced.

Lou Cantolupo
GenVec, Inc.