Ion-free water for human consumption?

H.C. Benson cbenson at CSWNET.COM
Fri Oct 11 16:37:04 EST 1996

In article <536295$o0g at news1.dra.com>, miller at diamond.jcn1.com says...

(un691cs at genius.embnet.dkfz-heidelberg.de) wrote:
>> > So my question is: is it healthy or not to drink distilled or VE
water.
>> > are there any studies that describe damage to the organism ?
>>
>> AFAIK it's an urban legend. BTW, VE water is usually prepared by two
>> consecutive ion exchanger steps.
>>
>> Thread renamed. Followups narrowed.
>>
>> --Cornelius.
>>
>> --
>> /* Cornelius Krasel, U Wuerzburg, Dept. of Pharmacology, Versbacher
Str. 9 */
>> /* D-97078 Wuerzburg, Germany   email: phak004 at rzbox.uni-wuerzburg.de
SP3 */
>> /* "Science is the game we play with God to find out what His rules
are."  */

>DeIonized water contains no Sodium, Calcium, Magnesium, or any other ions
>good, or bad, in it.  When you drink the water it is devoid of salt.
>Electrolyte balance, however, is maintained by the kidneys.  I have
>consumed DI water from some faucets in some chemistry labs and prefer
>its taste (or lack of it) to other waters.  I am not sure if it would be
>better for someone on a low sodium diet than hard water.  Flouridation,
>which occurs in some places, might reduce cavities, however, I don't
>know what other effects it might have.  As to studies I don't know... .

Hello Cornelius,
My interest is in deuterium oxide which contaminates all terrestrial
water supplies at a ratio ranging from 1:5000 to 1:7000.  It is a puzzle
to me why so little research has been done on the deleterious effects of
exposure to these concentrations over the human lifespan.
H. C. Benson			cbenson at cswnet.com
EUREKA! Idea Development	http://www.ntid.com/eureka