Site directed mutagenesis

Florence CABON cabon at
Fri Oct 11 11:48:08 EST 1996

By gel retardation (EMSA), I have identified a sequence implicated in
the regulation of the gene I'm studying. I have a reporter vector
containing this promoter and I want to introduce a mutation in this
vector. I  am puzzled by the number of commercial kits for that. As all
claim magic 99% results in 5 min or so :-) I do not know how to choose.
What about PCR in that purpose ?
I have 22 mers oligos corresponding to the wild type and mutated
Please Help !

Florence Cabon. CNRS Villejuif, France. cabon at