Protein preps from tumor tissue: need help.

Sundaresan Venkatachalam sundares at bcm.tmc.edu
Sat Oct 12 14:49:03 EST 1996

ear Netters:

I am looking for an established protocol for preparing protein lysates
from tumor tissue which would be used for runninf western blots.
Specifically I am interested in detecting a nuclear protein in tumor
tissue and I am unable to get a protocol (from thr regular methods books)
that would allow me to run a SDS-PAGE + Western using tumor tissue. In
addition is it necessary to do an immunoprecipitation  when dealing with
tissues?  I would appreciate if someone can give me some pointers/
references for my questions. Thanks a lot.

Sincerely,
 Sundar sundares at bcm.tmc.edu