Ion-free water for human consumption?

Dima Klenchin klenchin at facstaff.wisc.edu
Sat Oct 12 21:18:53 EST 1996

In article <53p2kd$ah at ordeal.cts.com>, cbigam at cts.com (Colin Bigam) wrote:
#Thusly spake klenchin at facstaff.wisc.edu (Dima Klenchin):
#
#>In article <53m3hv$alu at data.csw.net>,
#>   cbenson at CSWNET.COM (H.C. Benson) wrote:
#
#>->My interest is in deuterium oxide which contaminates all terrestrial
#>->water supplies at a ratio ranging from 1:5000 to 1:7000.  It is a puzzle
#>->to me why so little research has been done on the deleterious effects of
#>->exposure to these concentrations over the human lifespan.
#>->H. C. Benson                 cbenson at cswnet.com
#
#>So, what's wrong with heavy water and why would it be deleterious?
#
#Well replacing H2O with D2O in the body is fatal at a certain
#concentration, but I seem to recall it being somewhere around either 1% or
#10% of the total water in your body.
 ^^^ this one is closer.

And that's what I meant. All water on earth has heavy water content on the
order of 10e(-3) - far from 10e(-1) where it's known to be bad. In other
words, our water supplies have enough crap to warrant to not worry
about heavy water.

- Dima