Pink Dye in Protein Sample Buffer

Dima Klenchin klenchin at
Sun Oct 13 12:37:12 EST 1996

In article <53pjvq$4uo at>,
   vsolomon at (Vincent Solomon) wrote:
->I've seen some people using protein sample buffer containing a pink dye
->rather than bromophenol blue.  I guess it has some advantages including
->that it binds to nitrocellulose.  I've seen it mentioned in a Pierce
->catalog, but they only sell the whole buffer and not just the dye.  Does
->anyone know the name of this dye and where I can buy some?

"Pyronin Y" is the dye. It runs slightly faster than BPh. Blue.
We have 20 years old bottle from Sigma and looks like it'll last

- Dima