dna preps for sequencing

Brian C. Kang sciinf at mail.idt.net
Sun Oct 13 17:15:32 EST 1996

In article <drm21-0910961811420001 at nntp-serv.cam.ac.uk>,
drm21 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk (David Micklem) wrote:

> >> I'm looking for a sure-fire fool-proof absolutely guaranteed DNA
> >> prep protocol that gives nice clean sequence with the sequenase kit.
> >> Thanks.
>
> I'll mail you the protocol if you want it.
>
> David

> D.R.Micklem,
> Wellcome/CRC Institute,       Time flies like an arrow...

I will vote for the boiling miniprep if it is the manual sequencing.
However, if you are going to use dye terminating sequencing it will give
you the heck result (maybe the contaminated small RNA fragment acts as a
non-specific primer). I could have gotten very nice and stabe result
almost every time by using Quiagen kit. I think you can also use Promega
miniprep kit if their claim is right (Everybody in the world knows that
Promega kit once gave us a hard time, but they say they changed the salt
concentration of washing buffer, and now give us a very nice result).
BioRad miniprep kit (I don't know they still sell it) using diatomaceous
earth looks also giving a nice result.

Hope it helps;