Ion-free water for human consumption?

Richard P. Grant <MDE> rgrant at worf.molbiol.ox.ac.uk
Mon Oct 14 11:41:36 EST 1996

Chris Boyd (chrisb at hgu.mrc.ac.uk) rearranged the electrons to say:
(snip)

: (followups pruned even more)

ditto

: Anyone who consumes lab chemicals or solutions is just plain stupid.

Agreed.

: While you might think it's a worthwhile saving to sweeten your tea with
: BDH sucrose off the lab shelf, consider the consequences if the last
: person to dip a spatula in had failed to remove traces of potassium
: cyanide from it.

If anyone in our lab puts a spatula anywhere near a reagent tub they get
fed through the X-Omat.  Mutter mutter mutter.

: And don't imagine that your DI water tap hasn't seen active service
: in or near some quite noxious solutions...

Hah!  RNase-free? Not ****y likely!

--
Richard P. Grant       University of Oxford
Nuffield Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology