(none)

SCHMIDT_B at KIDS.WUSTL.EDU SCHMIDT_B at KIDS.WUSTL.EDU
Mon Oct 14 11:25:57 EST 1996

Pleas forgive my ignorance and enlighten me...

I am lost in the vatiety of techniques available for fixing a cell for
immunofluoresnent staining. Methanol, ethanol, paraformaldehyde, formaldehyde,
glutaraldehyde. What is the differenece in the way of fixation? Is there any
chance to choose the right method on the basis of what you know about your
target protein or is it just trial and error?

Thanks for your thougts in advance, Bela