DNA Sequencing Artifacts

Eric W. Linton elinton at rci.rutgers.edu
Tue Oct 15 16:53:49 EST 1996

Hi,
         We have noticed that when we sequence, using cycle  sequencing on
the SSU rDNA, that when a primer does not work or more often when a primer
works and it runs to the end of the template, that after it ends there is
still a ³ghost² sequence above where the actuall sequencing reaction
ended.
         Does anyone else have this occuring? If so does anyone know what
that sequence is? It is very light and apparently the same no matter what
primer is used, either forward or reverse.

TIA
Eric

--
Eric Linton