dyes in PCR reaction

Steven Munger stevem at aug.com
Tue Oct 15 14:50:26 EST 1996

/--------------------------/*
pnh at ncifcrf.gov |*
> * Laboratory of Mathematical Biology              |   Phone: (301)
846-5581  |*
> * Frederick Cancer Research and Development Center|     FAX: (301)
846-5598  |*
/--------------------------/*
> * - - -  Methods FAQ list -> ftp://ftp.ncifcrf.gov/pub/methods/FAQlist -
- -  *
> * -  TIBS column archive -> http://www-lmmb.ncifcrf.gov/~pnh/readme.html
- -  *
> * - The BEST Molecular Biology HomePage ->
http://www-lmmb.ncifcrf.gov/~pnh/  *

I agree with this...the cresol red/yellow food coloring/sucrose loading
buffer is compatible with PCR in my hands.  The other advantage is that it
does not obscure any ethidium bromide stained bands when visualizing with
u.v. (like bromophenol blue will).

Steve