dyes in PCR reaction

Paul N Hengen pnh at ncifcrf.gov
Tue Oct 15 11:44:23 EST 1996

luc nelles (lne at sgi.celgen.kuleuven.ac.be) wrote:

> I want to include some loading dye in my PCR( and other) reactions in
> order to skip the tedious addition of the loading buffer afterwards.
> Does anyone have experience with any dyes in PCR reactions, restriction
> digests or other? The same question goes for any density increasing
> medium.

For PCR you could try the dyes known to be compatible with Taq:

@article{Hoppe1992,
author = "B. L. Hoppe
     and B. M. Conti-Tronconi
     and R. M. Horton",
title = "Gel-loading dyes compatible with PCR",
journal = "BioTechniques",
volume = "12",
number = "5",
pages = "679-680",
comment = "Food Coloring dyes used in PCR tubes tartrazine
(Sigma T-0388) or Cresol Red (C-9877)",
year = "1992"}