Bapping

SARAH LOUISE RAWLINGS slr2 at coventry.ac.uk
Wed Oct 16 04:29:36 EST 1996

Hello,

I was wondering if anybody could help me with my molecular bioligy
problem.
I am a student carrying out some reaserch into a protien phosphatase. I
am trying to insert my DNA which has been blunted with Klenow into a
vector that hes been cipped with Calf intestinal Phophatase. Upon trying
to religate the DNA with my vector they do not ligate very easily (if at
all)...I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what the problem could
be.This procedure has been repeated many times with the same lack of
results.
The procedure being followed is that in Maniati's and the chemicals being
used are not at fault. Thanks.

Sarah Louise Rawlings
Bsc Biochemistry (coventry University)
SLR2 at coventry.ac uk