Current protocols on CD-ROM

Jim Voeller voeller at his.com
Wed Oct 16 22:24:41 EST 1996

In article <32638274.36EF at bbsrc.ac.uk>, Andy Phillips
<andy.phillips at bbsrc.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm considering subscribing to Current protocols on CD-ROM. What is the
> general opinion of this product? Is it comprehensive and easy-to-use?
> Are the protocols reliable?

Current Protocols will send you a demo version CD. It took a few phone
calls and emails but eventually I got it. It only has a couple chapters on
it but one gets the idea of the format and layout. I like it, because it
has links, like those you see on the web. If a reagent is mentioned, you
click on it and there is the recipe, or links to other protocols. One can
also print or save specific pages, then edit or adapt them to your own
hands. I have the 3 volume bound version, would it save time having to go
to the computer, insert CD and search, versus grabbing it off the shelf and
using the index? I am not sure yet how the updates are handled.

--
Jim Voeller
Fairfax, Virginia