Bapping

Gene Huh gshuh at garnet.berkeley.edu
Wed Oct 16 21:03:00 EST 1996

In article <Pine.ULT.3.91.961016102221.18991M-100000 at rowan>, SARAH LOUISE
RAWLINGS <slr2 at coventry.ac.uk> wrote:

# Hello,
#
# I was wondering if anybody could help me with my molecular bioligy
# problem.
# I am a student carrying out some reaserch into a protien phosphatase. I
# am trying to insert my DNA which has been blunted with Klenow into a
# vector that hes been cipped with Calf intestinal Phophatase. Upon trying
# to religate the DNA with my vector they do not ligate very easily (if at
# all)...I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what the problem could
# be.This procedure has been repeated many times with the same lack of
# results.
# The procedure being followed is that in Maniati's and the chemicals being
# used are not at fault. Thanks.
#
# Sarah Louise Rawlings
# Bsc Biochemistry (coventry University)
# SLR2 at coventry.ac uk

Sarah,

You may want to supply a few more details.  Do you mean you have no
colonies at all?  What controls were run?

--
Gene S. Huh, Ph.D.
Life Sciences Addition, Room 221