Gene Huh gshuh at
Wed Oct 16 21:03:00 EST 1996

In article <Pine.ULT.3.91.961016102221.18991M-100000 at rowan>, SARAH LOUISE
RAWLINGS <slr2 at> wrote:

# Hello,
# I was wondering if anybody could help me with my molecular bioligy
# problem.
# I am a student carrying out some reaserch into a protien phosphatase. I
# am trying to insert my DNA which has been blunted with Klenow into a
# vector that hes been cipped with Calf intestinal Phophatase. Upon trying
# to religate the DNA with my vector they do not ligate very easily (if at
# all)...I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what the problem could
# be.This procedure has been repeated many times with the same lack of
# results.
# The procedure being followed is that in Maniati's and the chemicals being
# used are not at fault. Thanks.
# Sarah Louise Rawlings
# Bsc Biochemistry (coventry University)
# SLR2 at uk

You may want to supply a few more details.  Do you mean you have no
colonies at all?  What controls were run?

Gene S. Huh, Ph.D.
Life Sciences Addition, Room 221
University of California at Berkeley
Berkeley, California   94720-3200