Cloudy PAGE.

Gene Huh gshuh at
Thu Oct 17 19:55:35 EST 1996

In article <eettehad-161096215654 at>,
eettehad at (Ellie Ettehadieh) wrote:

# I have been running PAGE for the past six years.  I just moved to a new lab
# and today I made up all my solutions and tried making a polyarylamide gel
# to purify some DNA.  To my surprise my gel would polymerize but it would
# look rather cloudy in a milky sort of way.  I was not able to figure what
# the problem was.  Using different solutions of acrylamide or buffer or even
# temed did not help.  Had anyone out there ever experience such a thing?????
# Ellie..

I've occasionally poured gels in which tiny bubbles have come out of
solution.  Maybe you have *lots* of bubbles?  If so, degassing before
pouring would help.

Gene S. Huh, Ph.D.
Life Sciences Addition, Room 221
University of California at Berkeley