How do I incubate slide-mounted sections with Ab?

Ron BROIDE broide at LEONARDO.LS.HUJI.AC.IL
Thu Oct 17 06:17:56 EST 1996

To all who read this,

I have a technical question in immunohistichemistry:

I have started doing some immunohistochemistry on slide-mounted frozen
sections in a lab that uses parafilm to cover slides for the purpous of
incubating with labeled riboprobes.  This method works quite well for
them, but doesn't seem to work for my antibody incubations.  Instead, what
I end up with is a gradient of labeling from the top to the bottom of the
slide.

I've seen people surround their slide-mounted sections with a ring of nail
polish or grease in order to form a well for their antibody incubations.
This seems a bit messy.  I've also seen some plastic/rubber chambers that
can stick onto glass slides and form a small incubation chamber (not the
ones from Labtech for cell culture).  This looked like a neat trick.

1) Does anyone know what the latest technique is for antibody incubations
on slide-mounted sections?
2) Does anyone know who sells these type of plastic/rubber chambers that
can stick onto glass slides?

Thanks for the help,
Ron Broide

Ron S. Broide, Ph.D.