transcription terminator: help wanted

Jean-Yves Paquet paquet at
Thu Oct 17 10:00:33 EST 1996

We are currently working on promotors regulated by a response regulator in
a bacteria.  We have to make some constructions with a pKK-type vector a
it's important for us to have a transcription terminator after our gene.
There is one terminator but it seems to be in the wrong polarity.  So, my
question is:

Are the transcription terminator oriented, I mean, if there is one
terminator, does it act from 5' -> 3' AND also from 3' -> 5'  ?

Thanks in advance...

Flore Bellefontaine
URBM, Namur, Belgium
flore.bellefontaine at

Flore Bellefontaine
Unité de recherche en Biologie Moléculaire
Facultés Universitaires de Namur, Belgium
flore.bellefontaine at