Lumi-Phos 530; where?

Alexander Kraev kraev at bc.biol.ethz.ch
Thu Oct 17 09:25:11 EST 1996

In article <dboyd-1410961639550001 at cc-hsc-k-box26.cc.umanitoba.ca>,
dboyd at cc.umanitoba.ca (DAB) wrote:

> I finished my Lumi-Phos 530 from my Photogene kit (GIBCO/BRL Life
> Technologies) but have lots of SA-AP and Final Wash solution left but they
> won't sell me just some Lumi-Phos; they want me to buy a whole new kit
> (typical). Does anybody know whwre I can get some Lumi-Phos compatible
> with the Photogene kit and its Final Wash solution?

You may try to  contact Tropix ( FAX 617-275-8581, Tel 617-271-0045), I
think they
should be able to offer you a substitute. I did not try it with
Photogene,  since I
make my own biotin and DIG detection solutions,  but the "final wash" should be
either TEA-MgCl2 or tris-HCl-MgCl2 and you should be able to use any of
the newer
substrates, e.g. CSPD or CDP-Star.  Usual disclaimers...

I hope this helps,

--
Alexander Kraev, PhD
Biochemie III, ETHZ Zurich