HELP: cloning highly methylated DNA

Aditya K Sengupta aditya at
Fri Oct 18 01:40:08 EST 1996

 I apologise for mailing this SOS again, but I'm afraid I've not received
any replies/comments so far (after about a week). Please do help if
 We are facing considerable difficulty in cloning highly methylated DNA
from an insect genome source, for constructing a genomic library. This
genome is known to have Me-CpA, Me-CpG and Me-CpT from nearest neighbour
analysis. Could anybody suggest suitable vectors/host strains and/or
treatments to solve this problem.
 Please email  me the replies directly, apart from sending them to the
 Thanks in advance.

Aditya K. Sengupta
Developmental Biology & Genetics Laboratory,
Indian Institute of Science,
Bangalore 560 012, INDIA
email  aditya at